Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Must be my lucky day!

I am finally registered with subbing and have done a few days already. I subbed last Friday for half and day which went very well. I also subbed Monday and half a day Tuesday...I have to sub again this coming Friday. Yesterday I got a call around 1pm that the Later Elementary wanted me to come in for half the day...the teacher's son broke his arm and had to leave. I was with 5th graders and they were wonderful! I am so glad I got the call, this is the school I want to do most of my subbing at...it's the school I went to and Natalie will start there next year.
A couple weekends ago I took Natalie to Wedel's for the Petting Zoo they had going on. While we were there I put our name in the box to win a bike while Natalie was getting a tattoo on her cheek of a dalmation wearing a fireman's cap. Well, I got a call last night that we won the bike! The Fire Dept. is coming over on Nov. 1 to size Natalie and she can then pick a bike. Since there are so many scams in the World nowadays, i feel a little reluctant to be excited. I asked my parents to come over while the Fire Dept. is here...that way they can share in the excitement....but, the real reason is to be safe.
I also got my $25 gas gift card in the mail yesterday. When I signed up for ATT cell service I picked a pink Sony Ericsson camera phone...that came with a $25 gas gift card. I am so glad I got the card now, especially with gas prices being under $3 a gallon!
So, finally some things to boost my spirits lately. I've been a bit down lately. I've been so frustrated with not finding a job and wondering how the sub calls would be. I also worry about long term...I just hope I'll be able to use my college degree for my own classroom someday. I'm so glad the sub calls are starting to come in and I know of a possible long term spot for someone leaving for maternity leave in Jan. If the offer comes, I'll accept it...it'll double my pay and give me a world of experience. I know the feelings I have been having of feeling like a failure and depression are being expereinced by a lot of people in the world due to the struggling economy. I pray things start looking up soon!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

it IS your lucky day! Congrats on the subs and the bike! how cool!

AbbieTorroll said...

I am glad things have been working out so well for ya!! Congrats on the bike! I seriously never win anything, so that is AWESOME!

Greta Adams said...

i am praying for you girl....and i am so glad that the calls are rolling in...i think with havingyour foot in the door with subbing you will get a full time job first if one comes available....

YAY on winning the bike that is awesome and i am with you i would want to be safe and have my parents there as well...

gas...can you beleive it...i thought i would never see it that low...woot woot

Kelly Todd said...

Yeah!! Most new teacher in my area are not able to get on the supply list so congrats on getting so many calls!! I'm happy to hear that things are turning around!

Monica said...

Wow you have been very lucky! Good for you and Natalie too! Hope you continue to get more subbing jobs!

Chris said...

so glad things are going well! good luck with the subbing!