Thursday, January 22, 2009

Week of mourning.

Well, this has been a week of mourning. Jack's Grandpa Schlaack passed away on Tuesday morning after battling cancer for the past couple years. I can remember the very first time I met him back in 1997. He talked to me like he had knowm me my whole life. He had the most wonderful laugh and loved to talk about their travels. I will always think of him whenever I see or hear of Murfreesboro, TN. He told us that whenever they drove to FL. they would always stop there for the night to rest before they started in on the next day of driving. He had the kindest heart and a warm voice and heart. He married Grandma Schlaack after her first husband passed away in a tractor accident...leaving behind 3 teenage children and Grandma. Grandpa was the only Grandpa all the grandkids knew since he came into the picture shortly before grandkids came along. Jack had told me so many wonderful stories about Grandpa Schlaack, how he's play with them and the trips to FL. while they were kids. Even after Jack and I divorced, I still stayed in touch with them. I am so prould to have a shelf that he made Jack and I for our wedding. He worked at a place that made pianos,after the place closed he was able to use some of the wood there and made things wit it. The shelf was one of those things, truly gorgeous! He was such a talented craftsman. You will be missed!

Another piece of sad news from the scrapping community. I woke up this morning to see on Kim's facebook page that she was grieving her friend, Janice. The only Janice I could think of was Janice Nielson, so I popped in at SJ to see if the horrible news was true. Unfortunately, it was. I was so shocked and immediately my eyes filled with tears. Janice was the most loving person. I can remember PMing her so many times about scrapbooking and she gave me so many tips and offered so much to me that I was not aware of. She just PM'd me recently to tell me a funny story about how a kit almost got thrown away. It was the little things like that in which I admired about her. She always saw the glass as half full. She always left the most uplifting and postivie comments on layouts. Her love for her family was so evident in her scrapbook layouts. I am so thankful for this day of technology. I would have never "known" Janice if it weren't for the internet. I never heard her voice or saw her physically, but I truly adored this woman just by hanging out with her on the boards. I will miss you so much, Janice.

4 comments:

Shannan said...

I am so sorry for your loss and your sadness. Thinking of you

Georgina said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Janice's passing is so sad. She is going to be missed.

Unknown said...

so sorry for all the sadness but it sounds like you have some wonderful memories to treasure!

AbbieTorroll said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss Jennifer. I wish i could give you a big hug!! I lost my grandfather almost a year ago and i have a hole in my heart that will never be filled! I am so sorry...

And I didn't hear about Janice! WOW, so very sad. She was such a happy and sweet person and she will be missed!