Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bowling!

I took Natalie bowling for her first time yesterday. I was shocked at how busy the place was! We had to wait about 25 minutes to get a lane, but it was worth every single second. I didn't think that would be very nice of me to take Natalie to the bowling alley and then leave because it was busy. She was SO excited to bowl! First of all, I just have to say that Airway Lanes has really done an awesome remodel. The whole exterior and interior of the building is awesome now! There is also a lot of other cool things to do outside and inside now...miniature golf, laser tage, Quiznos, etc....so, we'll be heading back to do some of the other things. Natalie did a great job "rolling" the ball down the lane. She scored a 55! I am thinking I should have put the bumpers up for myself since I only got a 77...BUT I did let Natalie bowl in my place but only 3 times. Basically, I just stink at bowling! LOL I usually only get a 120 anyhow.
It's so hard to get good pics indoors but I think you get the idea. Here is Natalie with her blue bowling ball....she alternated between the 5lb blue ball and 8 lb pink ball.
Photobucket
I love this girly looking roll...I can see her wrists and fingers flexed
Photobucket
She would patiently watch the ball go all the way down and hit the pins. You can see in this pic that I cut quite a bit of her hair. I can't get over how much thicker and healthier it feels.
Photobucket
and this was the typical cheer afterwards! Yes, she does have hands! She just hates having the ends rolled because it'll leave wrinkles.
Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Looks like yall had a lot of fun. I need bumpers even for Wii bowling!

twinsand2boys said...

How fun, my kids love to bowl too. Cute pics!

AbbieTorroll said...

you got GREAT shots! Love her little victory pose! SO cute! glad you two had fun!

Brandy said...

kiddie bowling is too much fun!!

Shannan said...

Oooh, looks like you had fun! Love the photos! I should take Ella bowling. :) Holler if you want company next time - it would be fun!

Jenni said...

How fun!!! What a fun family activity!!!

Ronda Simpson said...

Looks like fun!!! She's is sooo darn cute!!! :)

Kelly Todd said...

Bowling was on our list of things to do this Christmas but it never came to fruition (I've always wanted to use that word in sentence!). Congrats to Natalie on scoring a 55 - that's awesome!!

Jaime said...

She is totally digging it. Great photos!